On December 6, at the Poznan University of Economics and Business, an organizational meeting of the Student Research Group Data Science took place, attended by over 100 people.
During the meeting, the key directions of the student research group development were discussed. Members Board of the SKN Data Science in particular presented the following topics:
- Action program for the coming year (Ksawery Smoczyński)
- Conferences and meetings about data science (Alex Drożdż)
- Scientific activity (Mikołaj Szymczak)
- Cooperation with companies and other student research groups (Jacek Jankowiak)
- Organizational matters of the SRG (Szymon Kopyta)
At the meeting it was also presented issues related to the theory and practice of the use of Data Science in different areas:
- Wikipedia, DBpedia, Wikidata (Włodzimierz Lewoniewski, MSc.)
- Cryptocurrencies and blockchain technologies (Dr. Piotr Stolarski)
- Data Science tools and methods (Piotr Kałużny, MSc.)
- Analysis of news and comments on Polish websites (Dr. Jacek Małyszko)
The aim of the student research group is to propagate knowledge about Data Science and data analysis by means of information technology, teaching and improving students’ skills in computer programming through the implementation of research projects, undertaking cooperation with other student organizations in order to implement projects and mutual exchange of experience.
SRG Data Science webpage on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SKNDataScienceUEP/