On July 18-22 Wikimania conference 2018 took place, during which important Wikipedia findings from the last year was presented. Among the studies:
- Relative Quality and Popularity Evaluation of Multilingual Wikipedia Articles
- Diversity of Visual Encyclopedic Knowledge across Wikipedia Language Editions
- Roles and Success in Wikipedia Talk Pages: Identifying Latent Patterns of Behavior
- The Pipeline of Online Participation Inequalities: The Case of Wikipedia Editing
- Excavating the Mother Lode of Human-Generated Text: A Systematic Review of Research That Uses the Wikipedia Corpus
Presentation “The State of Wikimedia Research: 2017–2018” contains information about important Wikipedia findings from the last year.
Wikimania is the annual conference celebrating all the free knowledge projects hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation. The event has been taking place since 2005 in various countries and continents. About about a thousand volunteers and Free Knowledge leaders from around the world gather to discuss issues, report on new projects and approaches, and exchange ideas. In 2018, the 14th edition of the conference took place in Cape Town (South Africa).
Conference website: wikimania2018.wikimedia.org